Thursday, January 23, 2014

Something a little different

I want to make a few knitted Easter eggs - just because I think they're bright and cute. I found this pattern online. It's knitted flat, and then stitched. Cute and easy, but I'm not happy with the seam. My stitching abilities are not too great, and in trying not to lose the pattern, I didn't do a very good job. I may try it again with an extra stitch on each end, to use for seaming. It also seems a bit symmetrical,  where it should be a little more tapered on one end, so I may try altering the pattern to fix that. If I don't have any luck, I'll try knitting it in the round.




1 comment:

  1. Have you tried slipping the first stitch of every row -- it gives a nice edge to stitch up, although you end up going in half a stitch to sew it -- just a little trick I've used over and over again. You may have to add an extra stitch depending on the pattern. although, if you can do it in the rounds -- go for it. I hate seaming!!

    ReplyDelete