Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Some More Baby Crochet

Boy, it's been awhile since I've posted. We started building a house in June of 2015, and moved in over Thanksgiving break. The bonus room over the garage is my sewing/craft room, but it wasn't until this summer that I got it organized (somewhat - it still needs some detailed organization) and could even begin working up there. Then the AC unit went on the fritz, and I sewed in some extreme heat for a few days. Mostly working on a Roman shade for our bathroom. Here's the kitchen one I made last winter:

 And here's the one I finished this summer:


We've also been doing some yard work this spring and summer. The yard was a blank slate.

 
 Crape Myrtles along the driveway. I just can't wait to see them grown up and blooming.


Begonias and rose bushes I planted as soon as the weather warmed up. I wish I had taken the time to put down landscaping cloth first - the weeds have been terrible!


 We also put porch rail on one side to finish the porch. The stair rail is still waiting to be finished.


 A random photo of Andy looking cute.



I found this door pocket at Hobby Lobby, and tried my hand at making a summer door arrangement.


I've been having lots of fun with the mantel -- I've been wanting one for decades!

My nephew's wife is due with her 3rd child in September, and requested some Mickey Mouse booties. I found the pattern and tried my hand at it. I thought they were cute, so I made the hat, diaper cover and yellow booties too.

Patterns from hopefulhoney.com, repeatcrafterme.com and a Youtube video.

No comments:

Post a Comment